Pina Colada White Chocolates

If you like white chocolate and coconut you absolutely need to make these little treats. They are easy to make, so much so I made these at 11pm one night...As you do! When I recently saw a candy mould in Hobbycraft for a £1 I couldn't not buy it, even if I was a bit unsure what to do with it. I couldn't make out whether if was for actually candy like us Brits call sweets? Or, candy as the Americans call chocolate? I decided on the later. I might be wrong here so please correct me if so!

Well whatever it is, it resulted in some very yummy chocolates. I have mentioned before how I am not the biggest coconut fan but it is safe to say I am defiantly warming to it, these chocolates helped of course. Perfect for a gift, if they make it out your kitchen!

Traditional Pina Coladas have a cherry on top, so you could add the pineapple from this recipe into the chocolate mix and top the chocolates with a glace cherry instead. I decided against this purely because they were a gift and I know the person I was giving them too despises cherries. Even I'm not that mean.

Candy Mould from HobbyCraft



Chocolates:
200g White Chocolate
100g Desiccated Coconut
1tsp Rum (or rum flavouring to skip the alcohol!)

Topping:
Chopped Crystallised Pineapple

♥ Get yourself a candy mould and chop the pineapple up and place individually in the bottom of each shape.

♥ Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate until it is melted, stirring every 45 seconds to prevent it from burning.

♥ Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag and pipe into the candy mould shapes.

♥ Pop the mould into the fridge, preferably overnight to set.

♥ Serve...with a glass of alcohol of course!


All packed up and ready for somebody

2 comments:

  1. Love coconut and white chocolate and what a lovely idea for a gift. Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was a good combination and they were well received luckily!

      Bella x

      Delete